Hello from still hot and sunny Greece!!
A scrapbooking layout for me is all about the memories. It is meaningless to use an artistic photo as I want to create albums for each of my children and when they look at them to be able to say..."Oh, remember this/when/where" and not just say "Nice piece of art". It is very easy to choose an artistic photo from the internet to match your papers perfectly but it is difficult to use your own photos, especially when they have many colors! So, In this case I decided to create my own background!!!
1. Cover a white cardstock with a gel medium
2. Paint stripes of different colors using gelatos
3. Spray the whole paper with water and dry out using a heat gun
4. Apply another layer of gel medium
5. Grab your favourite stencil, cover with versamark and use white embossing powder
6. Final step is stamping, splashing and feel free to use any embellishments you like!!
See you next week!