- The first step was adding these Scrapiniec chipboard pieces to the inside of the lid and the bottom of the box. Once the gel medium dried, I used gesso over the top.
- I was planning on using gesso to prime the surface, but then I decided to simply wrap the box with tissue wrap. This is a great design I found at Michael's.
- A bit of texture paste through a stencil gives the lid another layer of interest.
- I used a small brush to splatter India ink over the top and bottom of the box, then spritzed it with a water bottle to spread the ink a bit.
- Once everything was dry, I added the chipboard and flowers.
3 mar 2016
Recycling a Cell Phone Box into a Beautiful Mixed Media Gift Box
I began my art career as a scrapbooker, and it's been an evolutionary process ever since. I love all things mixed media- paper, glue, paint, canvas, pens, wire, gears... the list goes on and on. I'm constantly coming up with new things I can try and experiment with. It's my goal to overcome my fears and push myself into discovering new things every day.